Due to the announcement by the World Health Organization (WHO) that the COVID-19 coronavirus has now been classified as a pandemic, Options Center for Independent Living (OCIL) has implemented an infectious Disease Response Plan. Effective immediately and until further notice, the following changes will occur. Please be advised this is just a brief summary of our plan.
- DUE TO PUBLIC HEATLH RECOMMENDATIONS OF NOT HAVING LARGE GATHERINGS, WE REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT THE EMPOWERMENT SEMINAR SCHEDULED FOR MARCH 19th AND THE WHEELCHAIR BASKETBALL EVENT SCHEDULED FOR APRIL 3rd HAVE BEEN CANCELLED.
- All group meetings and events will be cancelled until further notice.
- No outside organizations or groups may use our conference room to hold their meetings or events until further notice.
- Extra sanitary precautions will be used in the building to ensure safety guidelines are met.
- Consumers, visitors and employees may be asked to wear mask if they display any cough or sneezing symptoms.
- Consumers, visitors and staff will be asked to stay out of the building if they have a fever or have not been fever-free for at least 24 hours without fever reducing medication.
Mission Statement: Options Center for Independent Living partners with persons with disabilities who want to live independently and participate fully in society.
Options Center for Independent Living (CIL) is a non-residential, not-for-profit, community based advocacy and service organization directed and managed by, and for, people with disabilities. Centers for Independent Living are not “social service agencies,” but rather agents for social change that promote equal rights, full integration and equal opportunities for all. As a Center for Independent Living, we are dedicated to the Independent Living Philosophy that a person, regardless of his or her disability, has the potential and right to exercise self-determination. Our programs and services are consumer-directed, and here at Options CIL, we don’t do for people, we do a lot with people.
Options CIL serves Kankakee and Iroquois Counties, with an office located in Bourbonnais, and an office located in Watseka. State and Federal grants provide the majority of our funding, with additional revenue generated by fund-raising, private trusts, and other private grants as available to provide, expand and improve our services.
Options CIL is one of 22 CILs throughout the state of Illinois. We do not discriminate in employment or provision of services on the basis of religion, race, ethnicity, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Reasonable accommodations are provided upon request for all services.
If any portions of this page are not accessible with adaptive technology, please call us at 815-936-0100, TTY: 815-936-0132, or email Therese.Cardosi@optionscil.org.
Normal Business Hours:
Monday thru Friday
8:30 am – 5:00 pm